UWMC RESIDENCY HALL INVESTIGATION-WAUSAU
The WPRC (Wisconsin Paranormal Research Center) was contacted by Dan McCollum, a counselor with the UWMC in Wausau, Wisconsin concerning a reported sighting of a “Blue Cowboy” in the UWMC Marathon Hall Apartments. Rick Hendricks of the WPRC contacted Todd Roll with the WPRS (Wausau Paranormal Research Society) regarding the alleged paranormal activity and asked if we would be interested in handling this case as it is in our immediate area. WPRS and WPRC decided to perform a joint investigation of the site. The investigation occurred on July 26th, 2002 from 6:30 PM to 3:00 AM.
1. Ghostly apparition of a man wearing a cowboy hat often seen with a blue color to the apparition. Various people have seen the apparition between the hours of 2:00 AM and 3:00 AM. Staff has nicknamed him the “Blue Cowboy”
2. Doors have been reported to open and close without the aid of human hands.
3. Blue Cowboy haunts room #308 and #302. He has been seen coming out of the closet in #308.
4. Knocking noise has been heard coming from room #308 when it is not occupied by anyone.
5. Noises of furniture being moved around in room #308 when no one is present. Upon inspecting the room furniture was disturbed.
6. VCR and Television turns off and on at various times without the aid of human hands in room #318.
7. Lights flicker on and off in room #318 during and after the use of a Ouija board.
8. Feelings of a presence in the laundry room area located in the basement.
9. Room #222 has been noted to have a death in it about 8 years ago.
10. Blue Cowboy has been seen in third floor north hallway.
Two (2) hours of “night shot” video was taken in room #308 where the Blue Cowboy has been seen. This video was reviewed via CCTV on the first floor of the building. Also (2) hours of “night shot” video was recorded in the third floor north hallway where the previously mentioned apparition has also been seen. Both recording sessions took place between the hours of 12:30 AM and 2:30 AM. No significant anomalies were noted during filming or after review.
Investigator Blaschka recorded 120 minutes of EVP in room #222 where a previous death had occurred years earlier. Upon review no anomalous noises where noted.
Several temperature readings were obtained and all seemed to be within normal ranges. The residency hall was scanned with EMF meters and no unusual readings were found.
Also the structure was scanned with a Geiger counter. The basement readings were .03 rads and the upstairs living areas averaged about .03 rads.
In conclusion WPRS and WPRC did not find any supporting evidence to ascertain whether the UWMC Marathon Hall is truly experiencing genuine paranormal activity. While it is noted that several credible witnesses have experienced what they believe to be paranormal activity none of our instruments or observations found any strong evidence of such. It is possible that we may revisit the site in the future.
*Any use or reproduction of this documentation is prohibited without the sole permission of Shawn Blaschka and the WPRS.