Private Residence in Marshfield, Wisconsin
The clients have lived in the house since January 2010. It is an older home, but little is known about the history of the house. There is a floor plan available.
Since moving in, the family has made some improvements to the home, including taking down wallpaper, painting, renovations to the yard, landscaping etc. This remodeling began in March, and the paranormal activity began around that same time.
The female adult occupant has had paranormal experiences in the past, at her mother's house. She is somewhat stressed by the activity, and the male adult occupant does not feel comfortable going upstairs without the dogs.
Their son has been experiencing health problems since they moved into the home, and the clients believe it could possibly have something to do with the paranormal activity in the home.
· Hearing footsteps and loud banging noises from the attic.
· The television and stereo turn on and off by themselves.
· The client witnessed a cell phone move off of a nightstand and under the bed unaided.
· Lights turning on by themselves.
· Things disappearing and showing up days later out in the open.
· A stack of laundry baskets were thrown against the bedroom door seemingly on their own.
· The client smelled something cooking on the stove when no one was in the kitchen.
· The client was videotaping when he heard the sound of someone walking in the hallway. He videotaped a green light that floated and then disappeared.
· In early June, both clients were scratched while sitting on a loveseat in the living room. The female client was scratched on the arm, and the male client on the chest.
The client’s goal is to find out more about what is happening in the home, in the hopes that they will be able to calm things down.
The investigation took place on Saturday, July 31, 2010. Investigators Blaschka and Duginski were present. Equipment used during the investigation included digital night shot video camera, digital cameras, digital voice recorders, Tri Field Electro Magnetic Field (EMF) Meter, and an infrared thermal probe.
The clients gave a thorough tour of the home, including the upstairs den and attic. Areas noted for possible paranormal activity were the living room, kitchen and master bedroom. Pictures were taken during the tour.
After the tour, temperature and EMF readings were taken. Investigators noted very high EMF levels throughout the house. The kitchen had EMF levels as high as 20 Milligauss. Levels in the dining and living rooms ranged from 7 to 10 Milligauss. The master bedroom had a reading of 8 to 10 Milligauss, and the child’s bedroom had levels as high as 15 Milligauss. The upstairs den and attic also had very high EMF readings, ranging from 7 to 12 Milligauss. The temperature in the house was steady, ranging from 79 degrees downstairs to 95 degrees in the attic.
The investigators then used a digital voice recorder to conduct EVP sessions (Electronic Voice Phenomena) throughout the downstairs and the attic to try to collect audio evidence of paranormal.
There were no anomalies found in photographs. After reviewing the audio, no anomalous sounds were found. While Investigators were unable to debunk the client’s scratches or things moving on their own, it is probable that some of the experiences the family is having are due to the high EMF levels throughout the home. Exposure to strong electromagnetic fields (typically anything over 1.5 to 2 Milligauss) may cause symptoms such as anxiety, feelings of being watched or not being alone, dizziness, and even hallucination.
*Any use or reproduction
of this documentation is prohibited without the sole
permission of Anji Spialek or the WPRS.