Investigator Ludwig and Murphy of the WPRS (Wisconsin Paranormal Research Society) spoke with the client
and management personnel with a Wausau business
concerning reports of unexplained activity at their
headquarters. The headquarters are also the former site of a mansion. The mansion was built in 1874 and razed in 1957 to make way for the new building, which was completed in late1958. Ludwig and Murphy asked the client for permission to perform an investigation at their business site. The client agreed and the WPRS decided to investigate the site. The investigation occurred on November 16th, 2002. Rick Hendricks of the WPRC (Wisconsin Paranormal Research Center) also was on site to investigate at the request of the WPRS.
PARANORMAL ACTIVITY THAT WAS REPORTED
An interview session was conducted on August 13th, 2002 at Papillon’s Restaurant with the client. The client relayed the following possible paranormal activity to investigators Blaschka, Ludwig and Murphy. All of the activity listed has occurred in the building between 1991 to present day. This information was noted and recorded for investigation purposes.
- The client heard his name called from
the carport entrance hallway when no one else was in the building. The alleged voice sounded female.
- While the client was speaking of his deceased grandmother a light bulb reportedly fell out of a lamp for no apparent reason.
- Reported feeling’s of a negative presence in the building.
- On another occasion, the client was again speaking about his deceased grandmother and a candle popped out of a candelabra and fell to the floor.
- While an employee was attempting to leave the building through the carport entrance he witnessed a door close at the back of an adjacent office. Seconds after that another door slammed shut across from the door that shut previously. Upon inspection by the employee no one was found to be in the building.
- A general feeling of a presence, the presence is sometimes felt by others, to pass through them.
- Occupants have reportedly used a Ouija board twice and both times answers to questions have come true. On one occasion the client asked during a Ouija session whether his ex-girlfriend and himself would ever get back together and the board spelled out “Never”.
- Items have gone mysteriously missing only to be found in places that have been checked several times.
The investigation of the Headquarters took place on November 16th, 2002 from approximately 7:00PM to 11:15PM. Investigator Blaschka, Roll, Ludwig and Hendricks of the WPRC were present. During the investigation several rolls of high-speed color film was shot in all areas of the building. No anomalies were captured on film. Two different views from to separate “night shot” camera’s were recorded in the office where previously the doors to the room where seen to be slammed shut with no explanation. One camera was viewed remotely via CCTV from the living-room area of the building. During the viewing it was noted that music could be heard on the video.
We feel this could be interference from a cable for the
headquarters located in close proximity to the room, however this was not proven beyond a reasonable doubt. No other significant anomalies occurred while viewing the video footage. Several temperature readings were obtained and all seemed to be within normal ranges. The entire building was scanned with EMF and Natural EMF meters and no unusual readings were found other than in the carport hallway, which was explained by cable running down that corridor. Also the structure was scanned with a Geiger counter. The readings averaged about .02 rads. In conclusion the WPRS did not find any supporting evidence to ascertain whether the
headquarters is truly experiencing genuine paranormal activity. While it is noted that several credible witnesses have experienced what they believe to be paranormal activity none of our instruments or observations found any strong evidence of such during this visit. As far as the incident concerning the two doors slamming closed by themselves, WPRS tested several theories with the doors and could not find any reasonable explanation for what had happened. Therefore, the incident with the doors can not be explained at this time. It is possible that we may revisit the site in the future.
*Any use or reproduction of this documentation is prohibited without the sole permission of the WPRS.