Private Residence on Wausau's East Side
On Wausau's East side is a duplex owned by the client. The most recent tenant claimed to have experienced paranormal activity over the course of the two years she lived in the upper apartment.
The home was once located at 309 McClellan St. It was built in 1865 by Rufus P. Manson. Over the years, Mr. and Mrs. Manson added onto their home to accommodate their family of twelve.
Mr. and Mrs. Manson both died in 1897. In 1900, the home was split in two and moved to Wausau's East side. Both homes remain there today.
It is believed that a gentleman died of a heart attack in the upper apartment in the early 2000s. It is also believed that a gentleman died of unknown causes in the bathroom.
· Tenant’s daughter often feels like someone is staring at her while she tries to sleep.
· Tenant’s daughter is afraid of the bathroom and must leave the door open.
· Tenant has seen shadows move out of the corner of her eyes and sometimes feels unexplainable cold chills.
· Tenant’s boyfriend has seen orbs come into the bedroom and then disappear.
· One day, while the tenant was in the bathroom, she heard someone walk up the apartment stairs and through the hall. She then heard the person stop outside of the bedroom door and say “Honey.” When she came out of the bathroom, no one was in the apartment.
· In the spring of this year, while the tenant was in the bathroom, she heard pounding on the bathroom door. No one else was in the apartment with her at the time.
· There is a spot by the window in the living room that the tenant’s son stares at and talks to, as if someone were there. Recently, while this was happening, the son began screaming in fear and ran to his mother for comfort.
· The client was painting the bathroom recently, when the door to the room repeatedly shut on its own.
The client is curious to see if the WPRS can obtain evidence of paranormal activity in the home.
The investigation took place on Friday, June 22, 2012. Investigators Blaschka, Spialek, Duginski and Beaudry were present. Equipment used during the investigation included digital cameras, digital voice recorders, Tri Field Electro Magnetic Field (EMF) Meter, an infrared thermal probe, laser grid, K-II EMF meter, an infrared video recorder/camera, and a full-spectrum video recorder/camera.
Temperature and EMF readings of the building were taken. Investigators noted no unusual temperatures or EMF readings during the investigation. EMF levels throughout the building were low, and would not be the cause of perceived paranormal activity.
Many photographs were taken throughout the building, with digital cameras, an infrared camera, and a full-spectrum camera. No anomalous photographs were obtained.
Investigators conducted an evp session in the bathroom. They then spread out into different areas of the apartment for another evp session. Some time was then spent quietly listening and watching for paranormal activity to occur. During this time, an infrared video camera and laser grid were focused on the stairwell. The purpose of the laser grid is to make any subtle movement show up more pronounced. No paranormal activity was witnessed during this time.
While trying to debunk the bathroom door closing on its own, investigators were able to determine that the door had a natural tendency to open, but not to close. We were unable to re-create a scenario in which the door would close by itself.
There were no anomalies captured on film, video or audio.
Due to the lack of activity during the investigation, the WPRS is not able to determine that the home is haunted. It is possible that the activity experienced by the former tenant was due to a residual haunting, commonly defined as energy from the past being repeated in the present.
*Any use or reproduction
of this documentation is prohibited without the sole
permission of Anji Spialek or the WPRS.