Private Home in Merrill, Wisconsin
Investigators Blaschka, Duginski, Kurth and Johnson of the WPRS (Wausau Paranormal Research Society) were contacted by the client's mother concerning reports of unexplained activity at her daughter’s home. The client is currently located in Merrill, Wisconsin. The family disclosed to us that the home is thought to be around 40 years old and that it was moved from another site in Mosinee to its current location. The ownership of the property itself dates back to 1902 and was owned by a man named Miller. The first owner of the home allegedly lived in the home his whole life and passed away in it. His apparitions have been seen by several owners of the home as well as by the client’s daughter. Research shows that the former first owner’s name was Pete. Several tenants over the years have referred to the apparition as Pete also. Blaschka was asked by the owner and her mother to perform an investigation of the site to verify if paranormal activity is truly occurring there. The WPRS agreed and decided to investigate. The investigation was conducted by the WPRS on March 6, 2010.
PARANORMAL ACTIVITY THAT WAS REPORTED
A telephone interview was conducted with the client and her mother on February 2, 2010. Also a recorded interview session was conducted on March 6th, 2010 at the home with our contact. The client relayed the following possible paranormal activity to investigators Blaschka, Duginski, Kurth and Johnson. Most of the activity listed has occurred in the building since the current owners moved in about 1 year ago.
1. Strong feelings of a presence.
2. Footsteps that are heard outside the trailer that seemingly enter through the wall of the trailer. No one is seen when these footsteps are heard.
3. A sound of crinkling plastic that is often heard with no explanation as to where it is coming from.
4. The apparitions of a man know as “Pete” has been seen in the home. He is described as a scary looking big fat man wearing underwear and a t shirt.
5. Disembodied heavy breathing.
6. Toys turning themselves on without the aid of human hands.
7. Toy ball being bounced and rolled around on its own.
8. Apparitions of a ghost family have been seen by the client’s 4 year old daughter coming from her closet area. The ghosts are described as looking green and white in color. They have told the client’s daughter that their names are Sandy, Sally, Peter and Wyatt.
9. Orbs appearing in photographs.
10. An electric dartboard and gaming system guitar turns on by itself for no apparent reason.
11. The family’s pet cat reacts to something unseen.
12. Movement of objects with no explanation.
13. The sound of someone entering the trailer late at night when no one living has entered.
INVESTIGATION RESULTS AND CONCLUSION
The investigation of the client’s home took place on March 6th, 2010 starting at 7:30PM. Investigator Duginski interviewed the client’s daughter to ascertain what she has been experiencing. The interview suggested that the child had a very different description of her experiences from what the client’s had shared with us. We worked to explain why the guitar would light of its own accord. During our testing and observation we were able to replicate the guitar light flashing several dozen times. We are not certain as to why the guitar lights up when people stand up out of the sofa chair but we are absolutely certain that the activity is not paranormal in nature. During the investigation dozens of digital photos were shot in all areas of the building. No unexplainable anomalies were captured on film. Several temperature readings were obtained in all areas of the home. Readings ranged from 69 to 75 degrees F through out. The entire home was scanned with EMF meters in an attempt to obtain baseline readings of the site. EMF readings were .05mg. to 1.5mg. through out the home. All of these EMF readings were static in nature and none were obtained during the walk through that we felt were possibly paranormal in nature. Also the structure was scanned with a Geiger counter to look for anomalous radiation. The readings averaged within the norm for most typical buildings. During the investigation we conducted sessions of audio recordings in the living room and bedroom with no paranormal anomalies. We set up a trigger experiment in the living room area where a toy ball was heard to be bouncing with no explanation. During this experiment the ball never moved. In conclusion the WPRS did not find any paranormal evidence to ascertain whether the client’s property is truly experiencing genuine paranormal activity. While it is noted that several credible witnesses have experienced what they believe to be paranormal activity none of our instruments or observations found any strong evidence of such during this visit.
*Any use or reproduction
of this documentation is prohibited without the sole
permission of Shawn Blaschka or the WPRS.