Business in Eastern Wisconsin - 2nd Investigation
The business is located in the lower half of a building rented by the client. The upstairs is an apartment. The client has housed her business in the building for two years, and has been experiencing paranormal activity that entire time. Activity has been increased in the past few months, during which time there has been some discussion about tearing down the building and replacing it with a parking lot. The client has also hired two new employees during that time frame, which could also be a contributing factor to the increased activity.
The building was built in the early 1900s, and at one time housed a Drug Store, a Funeral Home, and a dental practice. Prior to the clients business, the building housed an appliance repair shop and was then empty for four years. The client has done extensive renovation to a portion of the building.
· The client and others have heard the sound of children running back and forth upstairs. Although the area is an apartment, the same sound has been heard during the tenancy of different families, and people living in the apartments have also heard the same sound while being in the store with the client.
· The client has had her hair pulled and has been pushed in the basement.
· The “ring for service” bell sometimes rings when no one is in the store.
· There is a light that the client does not use, which turns itself on. This happened frequently enough that the light bulb has been taken out.
· A visiting friend who is sensitive to the paranormal kept “hearing” the name Edward while she was in the building. Further research showed that the dental practice that used to be housed in the upstairs area was run by a man by the first name of Dr. Edward.
· The client has seen the apparition of a stern looking old man. He appears to be standing on something, as he is very close to the ceiling. He stares at the client, and she feels that he is trying to give her a message. After consulting her mother-in-law, she found that the apparition matches the description of the former doctor.
· Unexplainable shadows have been seen by several people in the basement of the store.
· Two people witnessed a piece of paper fly across the room while the future of the building was being discussed.
· The client and others have witnessed dark shadow figures darting very quickly into and out of doorways. She described that shadow as looking like “black wind.”
· The cash register, which had been turned off for the day, printed out a report on its own when no one was there. The report included codes and amounts not applicable to the shop.
· When peering down a hallway in the unused portion of the building, the client saw something block the light from an exit sign at the end of the hall.
· The unused part of the building makes the client feel very uncomfortable. She reported her hair standing up on end and feeling like she can't breathe. In this same area, a visiting dog seemed to react to something in the hallway and refused to chase a ball into the area.
Follow-up Investigation - 4/16/10
The WPRS returned to the shop on the evening of Friday, April 16, 2010. Investigators present were Blaschka, Williams, Johnson, Kurth and Spialek. Equipment used during the investigation included digital cameras, digital voice recorders, a digital video recorder with four infrared cameras, motion detectors, Trifield electromagnetic field (EMF) meter, and an infrared thermal probe.
The client was accompanied by a friend who is sensitive to the paranormal, and who has picked up on a presence in the shop in the past. They took investigators on a short tour, and discussed activity that has occurred since the group's last visit.
Four infrared cameras were set up. One facing the hallway where black shadows have been seen. One pointing to the spot where the apparition has been witnessed. One alongside a motion detector in the basement where shadows have been seen and one alongside another motion detector facing down the back stairs near the unused apartment portion of the building.
Investigator Williams monitored the cameras, while Blaschka and Kurth conducted an EVP session along with the client and her friend in the front room of the unused side of the building. Johnson and Spialek recorded audio in a room in the back of the basement.
Spialek then took over the cameras, while Johnson and Kurth conduced an EVP session with the client in the basement. Blaschka and Williams recorded audio in the upstairs area at this time.
The client left at this time, and Williams, Johnson, Spialek and Blaschka did a final sweep of the building and conducted a final EVP session in the room leading up to the hallway on the unused side of the shop, while Kurth monitored the cameras.
Over the course of the evening, all investigators had odd feelings in the same room that had affected Spialek and Blaschka in the previous investigation on February 27, 2010. These feelings included chills, feeling like you are being watched, feeling as if someone is next to you, and a “heaviness” or difficulty breathing. This room had normal EMF levels, and nothing tangible could be found that would produce feelings of discomfort. Investigators theorized that the room itself could make someone uncomfortable because it is small, has no windows, a door on each side, and leads down a dark hallway.
Also in this room, Blaschka felt as if a spider was crawling on his face at one point, and also felt something lightly touch his arm. A thorough search for spiders, insects and cobwebs was performed, but none were found.
After going over the audio, video and pictures from the investigation, no anomalies were found.
*Any use or reproduction
of this documentation is prohibited without the sole
permission of Anji Spialek or the WPRS.